Monday, August 08, 2005

Ode to my selfishness

*Explicit word used often, please don’t read if you’ll take offense

Ode to my selfishness

Born within my being
I
Struggle to name thee
Might as well,
…. since you ARE…,
make you a part of me…

‘Bitch’
Is what you prefer to be called;
‘Master’
Is what I feel you are
‘Destruction’
Is what you’re prone to do
‘Pain’
Is what I feel when I think of you

And yet………….
I use you all the time…….
Or… you use me?
……I allow you…don’t I?
Or… you take me?

“My Bitch”
Is what you say… I am

I am

~Psalms of Nia 12/04



*Don’t get it twisted…in no way do I appreciate being called a “Bitch” by any one other than myself. LOL… But this was an introspective piece I wrote after a conversation I had with my best friend. I looked at myself from the outside and realized I was acting like a total ass during the discussion…. she forgave me, but I had to pen this afterward.
~Nia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home